Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby news

So we went to the doctor yesterday and everything is great except Brea is still breech. Doctor Griffith is having me come in on Friday morning to see if he can flip her over. There are so many different things things that can happen when he is doing the version. My water could break, the placenta could tear, it could put too much stress on the baby, it could put stress on me and cause me to go into labor, the cord could get wrapped around her neck or pinched somewhere, she won't flip over, or she will flip over. I could possibly have to have a c-section on Friday if one of these things happen. If he gets her to turn over he might try to induce me right then so that she doesn't have the chance to flip back to the breech position. (But he only can induce me if I'm favorable). If he can't get her to flip over then we have a c-section set up for the 21st (Pete's, Lola's, and Adam's b-day). Crazy girl is comfortable and stubborn...she doesn't want to move! We just want her to be healthy and get here safely (whichever way that might be).

11 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

Oh man I hope she gets here safely too!

Amanda and Rob Hill said...

Yikes! Good Luck on Friday, I hope that baby turns!

Whitney said...

Good luck! She is gonna be perfect. I think this post needed a belly pic though ;) ha see ya!

Tiffany Paxton said...

i hope all goes well with whatever happens i ended up having a c section with Kenadee and i am 99.9% positive i will have one with this baby too... and a c section is not that bad... ya you have a scar but its really so tiny and you dont have to deal with the down south situation... good luck

Lnzyloo said...

Good Luck Pete and Kati! Whatever happens, baby Brea will arrive in this world safe and sound and surrounded by lots of love. Plus bonus for me, Friday is my birthday. :) Can't wait to see pics when she makes her debut. I'll be thinking of you guys on Friday. :)

Kay's said...

Good luck on Friday hope all goes well, I had a c-section with Cooper i don't think there that bad either, Longer recovery and a scar but really little not to bad, You'll do great what ever way she gets here and she will be perfect!!
You'll love being a mommy it's the BEST!!

MereMorphy said...

haha, i want to meet her already! mimi cant wait any longer. love you.

Mands Glenn said...

Ohhh guys! Crazy news! Im sure everything will go smoothly. Im sure she is just tucked in there all warm and snug not wanting to move. I can't believe she could come on the 21st! How much fun! Lo and Brea would be exactly one year apart. Love you KiKi. You guys are in our prayers!

Lynn said...

Good luck with that sweet baby. I'm sure that she will be fine. We will be praying for you. Love, Aunt Lynn

Mom Morphy said...

Man, I will pray hard for you, Kati. I hope you won't hurt and that Brea is safe!

Cara Lee said...

Well good luck today! I hope everything goes great and she gets here safely!!!